Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 16

** And here I am posting this a week later and I never went back in to touch this, I don't remember what I did or what I wrote but I have another week to write about. Sheesh. Publishing...

As usual its Sunday and another week has gone by. But I am starting this at 9:30 so I doubt I will finish it tonight. Addie went down for a late nap which meant she wasn't ready to go down until almost 9. Its so hard when her nap gets messed up because everything else in the day gets all upside-down.

I did not meal plan at all, yet, I guess. We will need to eat this week, but there are a lot of leftovers so this week may just be an eat what we have week.

My house is a disaster, we put Halloween away this weekend and put out the thanksgiving stuff. That consists of decorating the mantle and adding the gel window decorations. BAM. Thanksgiving. I feel like its such a small window of time and at this point in the year because of work and the holidays, I blink and its a new year. But I did put the effort in and now everytime I look out my glass doors it reminds me to 'Give Thanks'. A nice thing to be reminded of this time of year.

Along with Thanksgiving and Christmas my little angel has a birthday! She is turning 2 and although I know it and believe it, this still blows my mind. She has been acting like a two year old for months but when I think about the fact that it was TWO WHOLE YEARS AGO... wha wha wha what!?!

For her Happy Cake a.k.a. Birthday we are having it at our house and it will be small-ish. Now last year we had a big blow out which was great and this year we wanted to invite close friends and family and that turned out to be 60 people. Also made me say wow, as sometimes it seems like we don't have many and then you add them up and it turns out to be, well, alot. Needless to say we are holding a family and friends party separately. I have started to plan it and she is really excited which makes me even more excited. I should have it all dont by around thanksgiving time and I have a few time-saver tips I am employing this year. Thank you so much for cleaning staff! I am bringing some tasks to Maine with me to get done during the time off of work plus there will be extra hands to help :)

My parents are coming up the day before to help too which is awesome. All in all I am just so excited to celebrate my baby girl. I understand how precious life is and how every day, every second and every year is a precious moment I love celebrating her. I love putting the time and effort into giving to her as much as I can. As a girl growing up, I loved my birthday, I love the feeling of being special for a day and of course getting some new items but it wasn't until giving birth that I really appreciated the birthday. It was a day that changed my life and for that I will move mountains to celebrate her.

If you follow our Instagram @KeifferFamily, you saw that we implemented a chore chart this week and little miss loves it. Its the things that she has been doing already but now its front and center and a starting point for more chores to come!! WOO!

Oh yea and theres a new baby on the way - right. I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday, nothing major the usual blood pressure, how ya feeling and doppler to hear the heartbeat. Swoon. I recorded it as I knew it was a quick in and out and the family would want to hear it too. Blood pressure was great as always and I really do feel great so those were all good. The doctor was able to find the heartbeat right away and as usual its music to my ears. And my belly has for sure popped out, I think the baby had a growth spurt because a few days ago everything just felt so heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...