Sunday, March 23, 2014

Anxious, Excited, Exhausted...

Here we are 22 days away from meeting this new baby and let me tell you, I feel less than ready. I know we have everything and if baby came tomorrow no big deal. Seriously, it really would not be an issue. I could care less about the status of my house, slight lie. I do care that there are hair balls the size of Texas everywhere and that Addie's play area is ALL OVER the house, not just contained in her area. That my kitchen floor needs a good scrub or that my bathrooms need cleaning. But I also don't, come over one and all. I know you all love me and care for me and can look past the dirt and grime. And if anyone is offering come on over with some rubber gloves :)

Today was a great day in terms of getting stuff ready. A good friend of mine, and freaking Guardian angel came over today and helped me get food ready for when the baby comes. We made lasagna, enchiladas, skillet meals, baked ziti, meatloaf and chili. My body is tired! It was so good to get it done though. We eat pretty healthy and I want to continue with this lifestyle even when I won't be able to prepare and cook in the weeks following my c-section and life with a newborn. I feel like at least I have one thing prepared.

I have been starting to 'feel' pregnant lately. Sleep has been harder the last month or so and I have pains that come and go. But seriously being this close to the end and feeling the way I do, I feel great. I have felt great the whole time. The doctor told me I have to take it easy though, I was told I am not on bed rest but I was told multiple times before leaving the office that I needed to take it easy. My blood pressure was slightly elevated and I had proteins in my urine. SO my body just needs a little down time. --HA-- thats kinda funny though knowing I have zero time and a two year old but sure I will take it easy.

Daniel and I have been watching a bunch of movies lately and last night we watched About Time. I swear, I cried through almost the whole movie. Being preggo and emotional this movie made the water works start and I couldn't stop. It was a wonderful movie that went thru the gamut of life, from new babies to loosing family members. It was a great movie that makes you think about life and truly how wonderful it is. I just couldn't stop crying. I can't wait to see this baby, I can't wait to welcome a new member to our family.

I have so many emotions - anxious, excited, exhausted...

Here is to the next three weeks before our life changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...