Thursday, February 9, 2012

Joining the Mommyhood & of course Pics!

I have been writing this post in my head for the last week and I am really hoping to get it down as eloquently as I have thought it up... here goes nothing.

In college I joined the sisterhood and now I join the motherhood. My sorority in college connected me to some amazing women who will be lifelong friends. Little did I know that conceiving, birthing and loving my baby would result in another wondrous 'sorority', Motherhood. I am not sure that it would be so apparent to those not enveloped in past sorority life but its so similar. I love my baby, I love walking around with her strapped to my chest, I love looking at her in the mirror instead of myself and I surely love when people comment on her. It is so different passing other women holding their children now, there is a nod, a smile. I can see their hearts quickly jump back to the time when their babies were babies. 

To be a Mom is quite the feat. Similar to college life, my planner is filling up and I am on the go. Except this 'hood is revolving around one little life. Those late night rush meetings have turned into late night feedings, house meetings with 30 girls are now house meetings at the dinner table with my family of three. I have felt for sometime now that I have lacked focus on myself and my life. For so long I was consumed with making a baby and now that we have been so wonderfully blessed with Addison, I feel like I have a purpose. I have a focus and a reason to be the best.

My resolution this year has just been to be the best. Looking at her makes me want to really try. Going back to work has been great, I feel accomplished and needed but its also really tiring. Thats when I have to push myself to use every ounce of energy I have to finish the night. We use cloth diapers and have enough for a few days so I cannot slack washing them, some nights I just don't want to but I know to be my absolute best I have to.

Addison Mary is two months old and has changed my life in so many ways. I wear my heart outside of my body. I want to work hard to give her the very best. I find joy in researching pacifier clips and cloth diapering. My baby girl smiles at me and that gives me the extra jolt I need when I am feeling like I just have nothing left to give.

I have yet to take all her 2 month pictures but I couldn't pass up documenting her first shots. She was such a champ though, we made it through together. She comforted me as much as I did her, but she sure knows who her mommy is, she snuggled right up to me afterwards.

Ok Crazy Photo Dump! You Ready!!

My baby with her first shot band-aids. She took them like a champ. 



Amazing how tiny she looks. 


My little fighter. 




One of the best parts is watching her learn. 



The two people I love most. 

So happy to be 2 months old! Love that these are starting to be what I wake up to every morning. 


People were asking about her room so here it is: View from the hall. 

My chair. Swoon. 











Making snow angels. 
First time in the snow! Not sure if she enjoyed it but she looks cute!



 




2 comments:

  1. OMG she is soooo beautiful! I just can't get enough. Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, she is just so BEAUTIFUL! So happy for the 3 of you. Your pics are great. Love her little feet in this last teal outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...