Sunday, February 26, 2012

She is just so exciting!

My mom has told me many times not to wish the days away. Now everyone knows what I am talking about, the 'I can't wait for' moments. I have been trying to make a conscious effort to not wish my days away but rather realize what I am feeling... excitement. I just look at her and get excited about the days to come and the fact that she is all ours. She is so amazing and I never knew it could be like this.

This is my fourth week back at work and things are starting to fall into place. We started weight watchers last week and we both killed it, I am down 2 and hubs is down 5. I also ran a whole bunch of errands this weekend, opened Addison's bank account and took Stella to the vet. It was interesting dealing with the dog and the baby and being by myself. Hubs had to work so it was just me against the errands and I think I handled it pretty well. I have also been formulating a strategy for creating a menu with points and grocery list. I have a few index cards that I have started with. Each one has a food group and either recipes or items that fall within that category. So far the past three weeks I have been making dinners and getting our grocery bill in check. I have a pretty good idea about budgeting for that and the baby.

Financially this is definitely an adjustment, just trying to figure it all out with all the new things we need to account for. So far everything is working out well. Its all still so new. I feel like we are doing a good job. Work has been good, it feels good to be back and have some sort of a schedule. As with any new schedule there are little kinks that need to get worked out, like coming home to a sleepy or sleeping baby, how dinner is going to make itself and how the cleaning is going to get done.

What this whole new experience is teaching me is that I need to get organized. Weight watchers also helps with the trying to organized thing because I have to get the food back on track and with that comes everything else. My meals are planned for the week, the grocery lists are made and the fridge is stocked. The chore list is hung and the items I need to make sure I have in the morning are written on a post-it on the fridge. I am taking control and I feel in control which is nice too. I bought a few organizational tools on Amazon this weekend for the baby. Right now we don't have a good way to store the cloth diapers, I bought an over the door organizer used on ebay that I am hoping I can hang from the side of the changing table. I also bought an antibacterial pail liner for her dirty diapers and some toys for the high chair. I also got two new cloth diapers and a bin for bottle parts for the dishwasher. Lots of things I have come to find out I could use. Just amazing how much stuff this little tiny person has.

But here is to the last week of February and the beginning of my birthday month! I wonder what my daughter will buy me :) This is all so exciting and I love my little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...