Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My babys growing

It has been so apparent the last few weeks that Ms. Addison is really growing. Her checks have filled out and developmentally she is so alert. Her little hands are open more, her little thumbs are still tucked in but she definitely has had a few grabs of my hair. When she is in her crib watching the mobile in the mornings her legs are kicking all around. Vocally she coo's and her smiles have started to be a lot bigger and its apparent she smiles when we are around. Its amazing to watch her learn.


When I look at her she is growing up so quickly, its hard to not want to world to stop just so I can hug her some more. I do try to really cherish my moments with her. But as the hubby so nicely stated the other night, 'Parenting is hard.' Yes, I can most definitely agree with that. I have never been so many days without a shower in my life and when I do get one I always seem to forget something i.e. shaving a leg. But I will take my one stubbly leg for another baby smile. I feel like we are at the pinnacle of the roller coaster and I can feel my stomach about to drop. She is no longer a newborn she is turning into a baby who smiles and shows emotion. Its the most amazing thing I have ever done. Knowing we are responsible for her well being, it drives me to be better. She is such a motivation and she doesn't even know it yet. I am so very excited for the years to come and the moments right now.


The first month was really hard, figuring out the feeding and sleeping and overall adjustment. But these last four weeks have been so rewarding.

I have been working to establish a routine and although I cannot predict her daily napping and eating schedule she goes down to sleep fairly easy these days. I have also been prety good about the house schedule, well good to a standard of having a two month old. Its still messy in some places but I am getting here. I just recently cleaned out the spice drawer and the tupperware drawer. I am de-cluttering and keeping what I need, everything is going!

As for the weekend, it was a big one in this household and one that probably won't happen again for quite some time. Saturday morning we were up early and headed to Weight watchers, I am SO ready to get back to being me. After that we went to breakfast where we made good choices and then we went to Raymour and ordered our couch. Its one of those things thats been in and out of our 'cart' and we never pulled the plug. We really needed it too, the one we have had for years has served us really well, been moved three maybe four times and we got our monies worth. But its broken, the back has no support and its impossible to clean. There are water rings all over it, its a PAIN. So we bought a new one!!! YEA! Its a special order and should be here in 6-8 weeks, hopefully sooner. From there we went to Best buy and bought a new TV. Living Room make-over anyone! We only have had one tv in the house so that means the old one is going in our bedroom. That excites me because feeding my baby girl in the middle of the night gets boring by myself. Needless to say we spent a bunch this weekend and it will be sometime before we do it again.

But boy and I excited for a new couch! YIPPEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...