Thursday, April 12, 2012

What a year ...

A year ago almost to the date we found out we were pregnant... again. I remember just waiting and waiting to start the next round of clomid. I rushed the doctor to write me another prescription, rushed to pick it up because I needed it for when we were away. Or so I thought. It was such a fluke, I really did not believe it for days. I didn't quite understand how the month after another miscarriage and not really trying could result in yet another pregnancy test.


When we got home from our trip we made a paper chain to help me to just work thru each day until we could get to the doctors. At that point I felt so silly calling them again to schedule my appointment. With each passing day and each time we ripped off a link we were getting closer and closer. I can still feel the anticipation like it was yesterday.


And here we are a whole year later with a beautiful 4 month old baby. Everyone comments on how she looks just like me and it makes my heart skip a beat.




Baby girl had her first Easter which was so very exciting. We dyed eggs, she had her picture taken with the Easter bunny and we went to the Keiffer Family get together. I also had an impromptu dinner with the Szymanski's. It was really nice though.

Daniel;s PE exam is tomorrow so he is heading to Pennsylvania tonight to get a good nights sleep and be ready for the am. I know he is going to do really well, I am just nervous for him.

I also went to the doctor a few days ago and she put me on zoloft for the anxiety. I am normally not for drugs but I am so ready to just chill out. I feel like I am so anxious all the time and physically I am tense and my heart races, I am sweaty and I have headaches. Yuck. So hopefully this works. We scheduled a follow up appointment in 6 weeks. What I am really thankful for is the ability to notice the change and know that it is not right.

Tonight its just me and the baby so we are meeting my girlfriend for a run tonight and hopefully when the baby goes down I can do some cleaning. The laundry is backed up! Anyway, back to work I go. At least tomorrows Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...