Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Week

So its a new week. My anxiety is still here I still feel like my head is spinning. But so is life.

This weekend we took a trip to NJ, baby's first trip there and really first road trip with her. It went as well as it can go with a 3 month old. She slept for a good portion then cried for a bit, we were all excited to be out of the car when we got to Grandma and Grandpas house. Everyone inside the house was waiting patiently for our arrival and my phone was blowing up with the calls and texts for the ETA. As soon as we got there and passed the baby around we hung out for a bit and then decided to capitalize on the fact the that the baby was being taken care of and mom and dad went to bed!

She slept horrible that night, it must have just been the change of scenery because she had a party at 2am. At that point it was my birthday so I just held her and let her snuggle into my neck while I smelled her wonderful baby smell. I talked to her about how it was my birthday and I was so glad to have her. Then finally she went back to bed and we slept until 6.

I knew it was my birthday but it just felt a little different. Not that I didn't care but I just felt eh about it. We had an easy morning and everyone wished me a happy birthday. We then decided to take the baby to get her picture taken with the easter bunny. I know right SO CUTE. Thats the super fun part about being a mom, I get to do all the super cute fun stuff with her. She got dressed in her adorable baby gap outfit and we were off to the mall. Her Auntie MoMo sat in on a picture with her as well. Adorable. I will add the pictures I just have to sit at my home computer and scan them and upload my camera pics from the weekend.

For my birthday dinner we went to this seafood place which was such a nice treat. I love me some seafood and boy did we eat. I seriously gained 5 pounds this weekend. No really the scale says plus 5. Sad Face. Anyway I had some clams and king crab legs YUM-O and Daniel had an 8 pound lobster. Yep 8 pounds. It was so intense but when offered something like that you have to get it. Everyone in the restaurant was looking and we had a good time just laughing about it and taking pictures. I had a few margaritas and then it was home for some cake.

So my momma made me a cake which was very good and she made it look pretty with glitter too. After the singing and the cutting and the eating we started talking about the glitter and it somehow came up that it probably isn't edible. Well lo and behold my momma put craft glitter on my birthday cake and we call ate it. Needless to say we laughed and laughed about, but my cake really did look pretty. My girlfriend from HS came to see me and the baby which was wonderful. It still is crazy to think we were just kids and now we own homes and I made a baby!

The hubs gave me beautiful cards that are so sentimental. He really has a way with words, especially when he just gushes about how much he loves me and how I have given him the best gift and how he is in awe of me. Really - he wrote he is in awe of me. Swoon. I have a good man! He also made sure Addie gave me a card too, so cute. He bought me a willow tree mom holding her baby, ( I really love them because we have received one for every big event in our life) and some white strips for my teeth!! YEA. I did ask for them, it may seem lame but those suckers are expensive and I can't justify spending my money on that crap. So its perfect when someone else does! Plus in my "birthday month" we received our new couch, new rug(s), new blender, new kitchen scale, curtains for our bedroom and new shoes so no need to feel bad for me. I think I am doing ok.

I head to the doctor next week to take precautions against having a little brother or sister just yet. Phew. And to talk to her about treating this crazy anxiety I have been having. I can't wait.

My baby girl is 4 months this Easter Sunday.

AND SHE ROLLED OVER!!! I have a video, I will have to post it. Keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...