Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cause Baby You're A Firework

As everyone knows yesterday was the 4th of July and what a wonderful celebration. Happy birthday America! I am glad that we have parades and fireworks because it is important to remember. We had a simple day planned, parade in the AM, rocket launching and then a bbq leading up to the fireworks.

The parade was very nice, our town does a great job. I noticed a woman with a badge and some big cameras snapping some pics of my little lady and next thing ya know its so and so from the newspaper. Sweet! She took our names and told us to look in the paper. Obvi, first thing this morning I wanted to see a paper. I had hubs looking and I searched online. BAM. There was my little lady celebrating her 1st Forth of July. How sweet!

HERE'S THE PICTURE

Here are the rest of them

She looked absolutely adorable! We bought a onsie last year from Target and it was adorable. I remember buying it being being pregnant and all. I found a few super cute little accessories for her and she was SO STINKIN CUTE! Seriously - we were stopped at Wegs a bazillion times. It was a nice sunny day and she was looking so edible!




 Seriously! Seriously. Love love love love love! 



Speaking of edibles we had a bbq that evening for some friends and family. We threw it together kinda but I think it was really nice. I made some chocolate covered pretzels and a parfait, we had the usual burgers and dogs with some flair. And we just tried to stay cool cause damnn was it hott! 

I also made paper rockets to hang from the trees outside, so super easy and perfect for the occasion. Thanks Pintrest!



What would the 4th be without Rockets! It was the annual Rocket Day!  Unfortunately a new baby who needs sleep and to not be in the sun at 1pm stayed home and so did her mommy. So these pictures are hubs work. Very nice very nice!



We hung out until it was time to pack up and see some fireworks. We woke up the little munchkin and off to the high school we headed. It was perfect, Addie loved it and was super tired. We watched the moon rise over the trees to fireworks with my little family. Pure perfection.

I also managed to squeeze in a project too. This one had been in the making since last week. I bought the bin from the dollar store. Holla! I needed a toy bin for the living room. Perfect, small compact and potential. I purchased some clothesline from BigLots and dye from Joanns. Quick dye job and a few sticks of hot glue and bam bam. Pretty right!?!


At the end of the day, I was zonked. I checked my pedometer and I was at 25,500 steps. Yea wow. Thats the most I have had ever. It was equivilant to 10 miles. Who knew! But I was tired, we all slept well last night and it was back to the grind today. Best part is its almost FRIDAY! I have our list of chores and projects to get done this weekend too.

For now its laundry and some tv! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...