Monday, July 2, 2012

Working Weekend

So this weekend came and went, we didn't hike Saturday and I am totally ok that we didn't because we have just been so tired. Our little lady has been off schedule since our vacation and its just taking some time to get back there. I also got one of those baby center emails saying I may notice she wakes up FREAKING OUT - not quite how they worded it but you get my point - and looking for mom and dad. Well thats exactly what happened Thursday night. She had the big tears and the pouty lip and the crying so hard her face was red and she couldn't catch a breath type cry. I knew it wasn't hunger but still how do you comfort her enough so that she will go back to sleep. A bottle?! Yes thats the answer but its a slippery slope. You don't want her to get dependent on it. Ugh. Parenting.

For some cuteness before the I show off my work! 
Enticing her to move. 















Anywho we had our late night party and it wore us all out. So this am was pretty quiet. We went to WW, I am down 2. That pretty much just puts me at +1 from vacation now. I am ok with it too. I know I am working and I know the places I can improve. I am navigating this foreign territory and trying my hardest to make it all work.

What I really wanted to write about was the fact that I have a bazillion little projects going on right now and they are really coming along. I decided I was sick of looking at my house unfinished and its just time to finish it.

I completed this project this weekend - took it from drab to fab. Ha. Super easy. 


 A part of me really enjoys Addisons room and mostly its because everything has a place and its almost always organized. It makes my heart sing. It makes everything groovy. Yes. I did that. And you started brain singing the song. Ha. Back to the subject... So I have been really trying to finish all the rooms. This weekend I tackled the office and I tackled hard! I have forever wanted to add something to this wall.

So I did. I was looking online serious as anything but nothing was really popping out at me. I wanted to take the baby to the store to get some other things on my list and we went walking around the home improvement area and I found this.

Awesome! We have had two blue accents in the room but I had nothing to tie them too. Originally I was thinking of getting rid of them but I knew I needed to somewhat lighten, brighten and of course declutter. I also started to declutter the hutch and I added the two red baskets - FROM THE DOLLAR STORE NO LESS. Seriously. Now they aren't super sturdy and I may be able to fix that later if I really care but they so work. And were a buck. So I got a bunch in different sizes.

After the hutch I decided I needed to do something about the bookshelf. The funny thing about this bookshelf is that I have had it since my freshman year of college. I put it together wrong and with the heel of a shoe. Hubs thought I shouldn't even waste my time but I already had it and didn't want a new one. It worked and served its purpose it just was not pleasing to the eye. So a few hours and some spray paint - Voila! I also added the fabric to the back of the shelves to give it some funk. Cute right! I threw in some more dollar store baskets and fin. I have to add some wall art near the closet and I ordered some nesting plant stands near the window. I also refinished those clear plastic drawers that everyone has, so EASY. Love spray paint. 

We watch Justin and Olivia this weekend and someone liked Addies toys. 


 I am so almost there and it feels so good.

More to come as I finish the office hopefully this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...