Thursday, September 20, 2012

Firsts...

This weekend is one for the books, its just been relaxing and peaceful. Yes we have had lots to do as always but I didn't feel the rush rush rush of other weekends. Addie stayed on her nap schedule quite well and we did a lot.

Friday night I picked up Addie and Dan from the house and off to best buy we went to preorder the iPhone 5 for the mister. His last upgrade was about 3 years ago and it was just time. He should get it next week and although he denies it he was giddy. Now knowing this man for almost ten years I pretty much have his emotions down pat. When he talks loud (which is most of the time, but this loud is slightly different) fast and lots - he is excited. But I was happy, if I could give him the world I would. Then we went to a kids consignment shop and got the lil monster some new pants, a skirt and a jacket. Now I am sure many other people struggle with this but I have SO MANY CLOTHES that she wears maybe once. Most of the pants she owns dont even last one trip to the wash, what we end of finding is that they won't even go on. So we tried on some 18 month pants and they were a little snug so we went to 24 months but the length was too long. I joked about hemming them but seriously - I refuse to hem my 9 month olds pants. No. Final Answer. So we found some jeggings and a skirt. Stretchy pants are her new thing. Dan found a jacket with bunny ears, so cute. So we had to get it. We also found a walker which is something she can really use for $12. I love the consignment shops because most of the stuff looks so new.

Then we came home watched a few episodes of weeds and ate mexican food in our bed with the air conditioning on. It was perfect.

Saturday we woke up, walked to Wegmans made some pancakes, hit up Weight Watchers. I have lost 15 inches since July and last week I didn't weigh in because of camping but I was up one this week. No biggie. I am working on it. We came home and Addie napped and then we were off to her very first birthday party. I was really excited for her - well all of us - she didn't know the difference. She looked all preppy cute and Mom and Dad had to dress up too because from there we were dropping Addie off at Aunt Jaimes and we were off for a date!!! I have mentioned the swap nights before and this was ours. Dan had a place he wanted to take me and I was all for it. I looked nice and he cleaned up well and off to wherever we went. It ended up we were going to Bonefish Grill. YUM. Bang Bang shrimp, yes please.

This time last year I was preggo and not in any fear of loosing this baby. Looking back I was anxious and excited, we just came home from Oktoberfest and we talked about how I couldn't drink last year. It makes it seem so far away.

At Oktoberfest we ate lots of delicious food, drank a pitcher of beer and danced. It makes my heart melt to see Dan and Addie making memories and watching him dance with her was amazing.




















Addison's first birthday party! Happy birthday Jacob!!























One of the best things about all these photos are the love that my friends have for my baby. Its so sweet to see our "family" grow and how those who are close to us get to see her grow! 

Now we went to bonefish for my birthday two years ago, I have a picture he took of me with a glass of wine. This was a month after the second miscarriage and little did I know I was pregnant with Addie. Love. The last time we went it was with Addison when she was maybe 3 months old, ya know when you can take them anywhere and they just sleep. Yeah it was within that time period. Now last night they sat us in the same booth as my birthday which was sweet and we ordered a bottle of wine and some shrimp. It came really quick, mind you we were there at like 5, can you say Early Bird Special. Ehh no big deal, we just have to keep our evenings earlier as we are at the mercy of the sleep schedule. After we ate our shrimp we waited and waited and waited. Now Dan ordered the pad thai special and I ordered the app special to eat as dinner. It was an hour and 15 minutes later when the manager came over to let us know it would be right out. GRRR. Hunger-yyy! Then it came out and it was so rushed. The flavors were ok but it just wasn't worth the long wait. So they very nicely told us that we did not need to pay for our meal. Sweet! Then we walked around the mall all buzzed and giggly at like 7pm. Ha.

Then we picked up our baby and came home. Such a nice weekend. I was talking to my sister in law about all her 'firsts' and how there are many but I feel like we are hitting them quickly and I will miss that feeling of it being so special. Then we got to talking about Justin who scored his first touchdown in football - mind you they are so super cute 5 year olds - and she was reassuring me that the firsts get even better with age.

Addie is 9 months old and starting to get a 'tude. Awesome.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...