Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Aware of my surroundings

There are some days that I am very aware of my surroundings. I try to find the best and today must be one of those days that I am really on. Maybe its because Addie has slept thru the night for the first time in maybe a week.. eek. Or maybe its just because I needed a reminder about how wonderfully precious my life is.

I would say it started yesterday when I saw a facebook post about a local business owner that has passed away. He was late 40's with two or three children, after reading it I thought about him later in the day when I was putting Addie to bed. Its amazing how short life can be. It is such a precious gift and then I got to thinking about myself making life right now. Seriously blows my mind at times.

Then this morning Addie and I dressed -. dont judge .- and left the house to go to wegmans. I was getting some american cheese for Daddy's sandwiches and a sweet older couple was sitting in a randomly placed bench giving smiles to Addie. Of course my kid wanted nothing to do with them but he pulls out a fifty cent piece and tried to hand it to her. She wouldn't take it so I helped and got down next to her. He proceeded to tell me to put that in her piggy bank for college and that she was a beautiful little girl. We chatted for a quick second and I noticed his WWII hat, I thanked him for his service and walked away. I got all chocked up because I think I really needed that moment. A moment for someone to give and for me to receive. Its not about the money but it just gave me a little perspective. I think my brain has been on overdrive since leaving my job, and I don't believe I am in the minority about it. A thousand questions run thru my mind, how - can we make it work, time to make adjustments, worth and future. Now talk to me and different things come out but when I am thinking nothings off limits it seems.

And now facebook makes this video about your facebook life and my eyes got all wet (As Addie puts it). Ohh life is really beautiful and this is just a small piece of our story. Cry fest over.

For now I have a bunch of things I could do or I could take advantage of Addison being "down" for a nap. Which she is not doing as I just heard a freakin crash come from upstairs. So I will make a fire and straighten up for the next meal time will be here shortly and then I will watch Dr. Phil again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...