Monday, February 3, 2014

Superbowl Sunday Lazy Day

So today is Superbowl Sunday. Not that I am super into the game its just a fun day to celebrate with friends and eat some yummies!

This day has started out quiet in this house, Addie went to bed late and woke up at 7. She needed a diaper change at midnight when she went to the bathroom. She is very much aware of when she goes now and needs a change immediately. She has regressed with the potty training and I can only imagine its due to the changes she has been thru the last few weeks. No big deal.

This is also the start of my second week home with Addison. Today I am trying to meal plan as I was so worn out of cooking and cleaning by Thursday night. I love to get things prepped and ready so here goes:

Monday I will make Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken. I tend to do my prepping on Sundays so I am going to prep this in the crock pot and get it ready to go for tomorrow. Looks delicious and I love the way the crockpot cooks meat.
Tuesday, we will have tacos with the leftover chicken from Monday. Pretty perfect right!
Wednesday, Unsloppy Joes. If you have seen the pillsbury commercial running this past week, thats where I got the idea. Easy and since Addie really likes to help in the kitchen, I am sure she will love this one too.
Thurdsay will be a stir fry because Friday morning I have to take my 3 hour glucose test, so the night before has to be low in carbs.
Friday we will be going skiing for Dans companies event, so dinner will be there.  The three hour glucose test will really mess with my stomach. I didn't feel so hot this past week with the one hour one so I can only imagine how awful I will feel after this double potency drink.

Miss Addie also seems to have caught a cold somewhere so I am trying to heal her with what I have in the cupboard. She just drank some echinacea tea with honey and I know how powerful those things can be to the immune system so hopefully we will be in tip top shape in a few days. Going to crack her window when she naps today and try to keep her head elevated. Hoping she sleeps for a good amount of time to kick this too, her little body is fighting hard.

I am so amazed at the power that foods can do to help, we don't eat many processed items and have really been trying to avoid them more and more. So this girl eats so good and that makes this mama very proud. Its also amazing having been in the insurance industry because I try very hard to avoid the doctor. Its expensive and if I can heal at home I will surely do that.

This week I will continue to work on cleaning out the house and getting stuff out of our house :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...