Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Pregnant Self

It must be that time in my pregnancy in which my sleeping patterns start to change. Its 3am and I have been laying bed for at least the last 30 minutes listening to hubs breath and Addies music machine. I just can not sleep anymore. I tried to stay away from the screens to go back to bed but then my brain was thinking about Valentines Day, cleaning the house, bills, the usual rotation of items.

I have been wanting to write this post for a little while now and I thought what better time than now, when everyone else is sleeping. There are about 10 +/- weeks until we meet this new baby and I feel great. I really do and have been telling everyone how good I feel for a while now. It surprised me at first when I would respond with such excitement about how I feel and I think for a while it surprised others. Don't get me wrong I still have the occasional baby related un-comfort but for the majority of the time I really do feel fantastic. I love being pregnant. Yea the first 15 weeks suck but they suck for almost everyone. You feel like your face is attached to your toilet bowl and you can't breathe anything for fear of smelling rotting animal carcasses. Once that wave of sickness disappears its so pleasant. Then you feel the baby move and it is just a phenomenal feeling. That is one thing that I won't ever miss and I try not to take it for granted.

Hubs and I have talked and we are both cherishing these moments of pregnancy as we may never do it again. We get asked that question a lot, but an array of people and I have learned that I am in the years in which life changes happen fast and everyone wants to know whats coming next. Well, I don't know whats coming but for now we will have two babies in our house and a lot of parenting to do. Things may change in years to come but my crystal ball broke so I have no way of knowing.

This baby is so much lower than Addie was and for that I am thankful. I am hoping I won't have to deal with the excruciating pains under my ribs that I had to with her. I also passed my three hour glucose test, yea way. My hair is phenomenal again which is such a perk and my skin has evened out again and is supple and glowing. The skin on my belly doesn't seem to be pulled as tight which is a plus as I know I have ten weeks to go and hoping I won't get as big. Although the stretchmarks are still there and I am dealing with them but they still suck to look at. I believe I had them at this point with Addie, maybe not all of them but hubs and I have talked about getting them worked on in the future. I feel more fit this time around as well, I am not laying around as much, mostly thanks to Addie and we are a family have been eating way better. It helps that I am cooking meals 5-7 nights a week and we eat a boat load of veggies.

When I am pregnant I really feel beautiful. Hubs would say I am all the time and that is a perfect response but there is something about the fact that I am two people and creating life, I feel radiant. I don't mind the increase in body size and I don't mind people touching my belly, I get it now. As I sat in the lab getting blood work last Friday for three hours I met a bunch of people, mostly women but I was a magnet for them. There were some that were grandma's and told me how beautiful I looked and there were those younger mothers who reminisced about being pregnant. I am really fortunate. I feel so pretty and beautiful.

A huge thanks has to go out to my chiropractor who I found online and specializes in pregnancy. She is a miracle worker. She practices Kinesiology, or human kinetics and I love it. She focuses on how the body works with one another. I saw her yesterday and explained I was having a tightness in the pelvic region, showed her specifically where and we worked on getting those ligaments in alignment and loose. It was a bit sore but after having slept a few hours I realized I didn't feel it when I walked down the stairs. I love listening to my body, I hope to really teach this to my children and to the hubs. Its amazing when you feel great.

Speaking of feeling great, I am very positive about my recovery this time around. I know the first few weeks will suck because most likely I will have a c-section - seriously no big deal -  but I know what I am doing and I think my body has done a great job so far that my healing time will be shorter this go 'round. I will have about 50 pounds to lose but am not freaking about it. With our nutrition being on point I will incorporate the nicer weather and more movement and it will come. Thats another post about how my fitbit thinks I am sloth like currently.

I am so anxious to get outside but the cold and the snow are keeping us from doing that. I think back to when Addie was new and am SO THANKFUL it was a mild winter.  For now I need to focus on getting the house together and ready for this baby. Cherishing my body and the last few weeks I have connected with my baby.

Maybe there is some olympic sport on now to watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...