Tuesday, September 20, 2011

28 Weeks

Well hello Third Trimester!  Wow, the second trimester skated by, I don't even remember it! But we are two thirds of the way there. We are so excited and nervous at the same time!

 We need to buy a new point and shoot - this camera has been so wonderful but its life is coming to an end.
Anyone want to spare a few hundred bucks?! ♥
Things have been going really well  on the home front, we cleaned the basement. All the tools have a place and we have a place to work on projects. The laundry area is clean and lint free. We threw out a ton of junk we didn't need anymore and just got it really nice. I wanted to be able to put bins downstairs and now it is clean and we have room. Perfect.



We have also been working on the hallway and stairs just to make them a little more home-y. We finished the frames going up the stairs, added a frame in between the two bedrooms and bought a runner for the hallway. Looks so pretty! Now I just need to figure out what I really want to put in the frames.



This past weekend was so nice, it was a lazy weekend for the most part. We still got stuff done but didn't have a million and one things to do. We went to Oktoberfest with some of hubs work buddies. It was fun, just nice to kick back and dance to some old German guys voice. I was done about three hours in, the lack of alcohol tends to make my attention span shorter than usual.

We also looked at strollers at Buy Buy Baby this weekend. We had skipped this part when we first did our registry, pretty much because I was unsure about what I wanted. I was talking with some moms and got thier feedback, they were saying that a Snap and Go is the best for when they are little. So my mom found one at a consignment shop for cheap cheap and thats what we are going to do. I am pretty excited about it because I like the idea of it being small and compact. With this system we registered for a car seat and base for one car. We looked into getting another base but then we were talking about when baby girl grows. We will need a seat that fits a bigger kid at some point so we registered for a different car seat for when she gets bigger. I like it, you can put them in as little as 5 pounds and it grows with them until 100 pounds. Pretty smart people. The carrier only hold up to 30 pounds I believe. Well enough about baby things.




I had a freak out this weekend thinking the shower was two weeks away. its really 4 weekends away but still. WOW. Only 4. I am so excited!!!!


Pregnancy Symptoms:

Skin: Doing good, getting drier as the weather changes. My belly and boobs are itchy itchy. My belly button is all sorts of distorted, its so funny looking. It is rising closer and closer to the surface.


Back Issues: My ribs! OW OW OW. They hurt so much all the time. I really feels like someone if hanging off of them. The downward pressure on them is really uncomfortable and in the last few days I have been having lower back pains. I know its because my belly just keeps getting bigger, its a sharp freakin' zing every now and again. Really pleasant. Thanks baby.

Eating: No issues here. I have days where I just cannot get enough food and others where I go hours without eating. I just eat when I get hungry.

Cramps/Pain: I have had some round ligament pain more recently. Its duller than it has been in the past just a stretching feeling. 

Sleeping: Still so in love with my body pillow, although sleep is so touch and go. Some nights I will sleep longer and others I am up every few hours.

Mentally: I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that she could be here in ten weeks or thirteen. It is going so quickly! 

Baby Kicks: She is getting stronger, sometimes she catches me off guard and gets me good. I love it though. I really really love it. Sunday morning Hubs and I were talking and he got to feel her give a really big strong kick. He said he felt like he could grab her foot. Then he said he can't wait to hold her. Aww. Love.

Nose/ Eye Issues:My nose has been stuffy still but things are ok, my eye has had no issues so far. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...