Monday, January 9, 2012

Figuring this whole thing out

My baby seems to be a lot like everyone elses baby when it comes to sleep. I have been doing some reading (in my spare time) in regards to newborns sleeping. I have to teach my baby how to sleep because when she is tired she won't sleep and then wails. This is not good for either of us. But I have read some helpful articles and have been trying some new techniques to help both of us. I was starting to get a little overwhelmed with the fact that my baby didn't sleep and I needed to hold her all the time. So once we conquer this mountain I will have a little more sanity.


I have been doing all that I wrote about before but really sticking to it. We woke up this morning and she was bright eyed so we played and then she wanted to eat so I nursed and then I noticed her little eyes getting heavy. I made a bee-line for her bedroom and started the swing and the music and nursed her some more. So far we have been in her room for 45 minutes I put her down once and ten minutes later she cried - after I nursed and held for 20ish minutes. So I picked her up and nursed a little then just held her for another 15 minutes and she was in REM sleep and I put her in the swing. Now I just wait to see how long I get! She seems to be doing good and I don't think she has moved much.
It really is amazing how her brain is wired and why babies do what they do. From what I have read you really just need to get into routines and habits so they learn. I am literally teaching her how to sleep.

Hopefully though getting her to nap during the day will result in a happier baby and a happier mommy.

And before I press my luck too much on this damn computer with a sleeping baby I am going to change (the afternoon nap will be from walking around outside, the sun is shining and I am feeling cooped up) and get some food in my belly.

Happy One Month Addison (yesterday) Pics to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...