Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The new Frontier... Mommyhood

Today has been a good day, the first few weeks were really hard. She wasn't sleeping much at all and the whole milk/breastfeeding issues as well as just trying to heal myself. Its been an adjustment to be a mom and I really love it. Its everything and more than I had envisioned for so long. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 6 week check up, my body feels good. I have been pushing it a little more because I believe I am going to be cleared to go back to normal activity. Yesterday was the first day I picked her up in her carrier and today I pushed a vacuum across our really REALLY dirty carpet, that also felt good.

The babe is starting to have somewhat of a pattern in her day and I have embraced the baby wearing which I think is so cute and she seems to really like it. She also likes to sleep on her belly and I laid her in her crib today, also another first. I feel like we are entering a new frontier. It sounds so cliche but its amazing.





I go back to work two weeks from Wednesday. I am ready. As much as I love being with her everyday I miss the paycheck first and foremost. I also miss the way my brain works and using the knowledge I have. I am trying to work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays and she will be with the sitter Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I feel comfortable with the sitter and know she will love Addie and teach her just like I would. Its going to be hard but I have to.

There will be hard days and days that are just really good and I can see lots of good days in the future. I will look past the clutter and focus on the cuddles.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...