Friday, January 27, 2012

Birth Story Part One - She is coming



So that I can relive the most wonderful day of my life over and over whenever I want here is Addison's Birth Story.

December 1st - the month that we will be having our baby has finally arrived. We also had a pretty important doctors appointment that day. We were having an ultrasound to take a guess at her size and figure out what our next steps were. I had been to the doctor that Monday and the doctor told me she guessed her to be around 8.5 - 9 pounds already, I knew I was 1.5 cm dialated and that hadn't changed much in the last few weeks. With the gestational diabetes the doctors had been concerned for some time about me being able to deliver her safely. Of course that was not at all what I wanted to hear and the talk of c-sections just made me so upset and feel so defeated. I should have known that nothing about this journey has been according to plan. Hubs came with me that day and the ultrasound tech measured her to be 9 pounds 11 ounces already, past the point in which they still consider vaginal deliveries. We knew even before the doctor told us what our fate would be but it still stung a little when the doctor made the announcement. She took one look at the chart and we all knew what the plan was to be. Obviously I wanted her to get here as safe as possible so we scheduled the c-section. I kept my cool until the doctor left to check the schedule for my doctor, when she came back I couldn't hold back the tears any longer and cried about it. Everyone kept reminding me its all about meeting her and how wonderful its going to be and yes that was the cherry of the day but I so wanted to birth her the way I had imagined for months.

Needless to say we scheduled it for a week later, December 8th at 8:30 am.

The days that followed were surreal, there was definitely a peace in our house knowing the end was scheduled. We did not worry about the possibilities and we mentally prepared. Which is so weird to do but thats what we had to look forward to. I worked up until the Wednesday and I just remember everyone asking me "Why", and I just kept saying what am I going to do at home by myself? Seriously, sit there and wait. Nah. So I worked. It was hard to drive with my seat back and my hand just reaching the top of the steering wheel but it was not impossible. It was a little harder to sit at my desk at work, my belly was just so big. But I went in told everyone the news and we all just waited.

At home we just told each other a million times that we were days away from having a baby. I think we both needed to say a few hundred times to actually believe it, it was the pinch me kind of news. It felt like Christmas was coming, well it was but the biggest most amazing Christmas with every present you every wished your absolute whole heart for. The present you have been thinking and dreaming about for months on end, the one you begged and begged for. We also found each other just smiling every now and again at the thought. We were all ready it seemed like, we finished decorating the tree and rented a few movies and had a Just Us Weekend, ran some errands and then it was the night before.


And the photo documentation of the morning she was born. I had barely slept for days and we both were up around 5 and out the door at 6:15am.
Yep getting ready to go. 



My last weekly picture. 

Are you ready to go?

Soon to be Dad. 

Our Christmas Tree beautifully decorated for our baby. 

One last text to let everyone know we were heading out. 

Then the whirlwind began... 

I know she is 7 weeks old and I am just getting to this but hey new mom here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...