Saturday, May 14, 2011

Brains are a workin!


It's a gloomy saturday here in Rochester. The lilac fest is going but its kinda rainy and cold outside. Dan and I are proctoring a nicet exam to make a little money and as I sit here watching twenty people take a test I can't help but think. Their brains are working so hard, they are doing complex problem solving. All the while the mush of my brain is just trying to stay awake. The coolest thing about watching all these people is the fact that I am growing a little baby brain. It is quite amazing to think that this little baby will be thinking and formulating it's own thoughts soon enough. I will be the worried, proud mom that wishes him or her good luck, and writes a note of encouragement in their lunch.

Sometimes it is so amazing I just can't believe it. There is this wonderful website I saw on a blog http://www.ehd.org/prenatal-images-index.php if you dont want to see pictures of babies in-utero growing then don't click on it. But if you want to see life forming at different stages it is pretty cool. I think the human body is amazing anyway, just the way we function our cognitive abilities and the way we can break but heal so quickly is mind blowing. Anytime I can I always pick my grand littles brain for what she is doing in school, she is going for nursing but she is pretty much a doctor. I love her stories I just cant see myself being in school for a million years so I love thru her :)


There are days I still think it may not be growing right or that I may miscarry again but then I get sick and feel my belly stretching so uncomfortably. It's this crappy uncomfortableness that is slightly reassuring, I know that it's still there. Everyday is a little closer to the second trimester and hopefully all these yucky symptoms will go away. For now I just think about the little life I am nourishing and that I will enjoy my summer all preggo but feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...