Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So we are having a baby!


Geez of all the fear and anxiety we have had it has finally come to life. Literally. I can't tll you the relief. When she showed us I saw the heart flicker and I cried. I have seen this woman two other times each resulting in bad news and finally we have a baby. I am still I'm shock but I am so ready. We both are. What a relief what a christmas present. Our estimated due date is 12/12/11. We are having a baby this year, I just can't believe all this has turned into our dream. What a messed up road we had to go down to get here but there is our rainbow, we get to hold our baby and watch it grow.

I feel good, I can definitely feel a bump there. I am tired and nauseous but it's all good. I will be sick everyday to have our baby. It's slightly uncomfortable to sleep on my belly and I wake up every few hours. I was cracking jokes with the doctor and she was so excited for us, we all were not expecting this this month but it is so welcomed.


I think Daniel is a little excited: Daniel Keiffer For a few minutes the fear of the unknown, financial obligations, worry of developmental abnormalities, pending loss of "freedom", immense obligations all fade and give way to an intense feeling of happiness and an overwhelming sense of something bigger than you. The miracle of life takes the form of a tiny little heartbeat in the womb of the love of my life. I could get drunk on that sound for the rest of my life.

Here we go! Yesssssssss!

4 comments:

  1. You have no idea how happy I am for you. I got goosebumps reading this! You guys are certainly climbing up the hill of a never-ending roller coaster. You've been waiting in line long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lauren and Daniel! Perhaps he/ she will share a birthday with Andrew! Love to all. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Lauren I am so glad you got to see your babys lil heartbeat how exciting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly so happy for the both of you! You're going to be great parents, and enjoy every minute of your pregnancy! Your post is making me remember our ultrasounds with Kaydence, definitely the most amazing feeling ever! One of my favorites was when I was 12 weeks and we could see her doing somersaults in there, yet she was still so small I couldn't feel it :) I look forward to following your blog, enjoy it guys and congratulations again! <3 Monique

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...