Thursday, August 11, 2011

365 days ago...

Is when we had our first miscarriage. The events of the day are forever etched in my mind. Its like a movie I have seen before but the feelings are too real. I was reading some of the posts I wrote to myself during that time and it was such a dark road. Its been a rough year, to say the least. We were boarding a cruise ship that next day and we were waiting to tell our families in person. The excitement hubs and I shared leading up to that day was so pure. It is similar to what we feel now but this time it is still different.

Its amazing what can happen in a year. I have been pregnant three times. We traveled to Ireland. I am carrying our daughter. The enormity of the emotions is hard to believe. So many highs and deep lows, I am grateful, especially that evening to have my best friend by my side wiping my tears away.

Yesterday I was offered a great opportunity to share my story, the same day my story really began. It is sort of a full circle. I am honored to be able to share my thoughts and tales. I am not afraid of what happened to me and my body during those periods. There is a sense of giving that I hope to feel, even if I am able to touch one woman who is down that dark road.  I am thankful. for so many things.

It is with disbelief that it has been a year; that I have have become who I am. Stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...