Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dr. Dr. Give me the News....

I got a bad case of "I'm Concerned". Oh damn. That's not how its supposed to go. So I went to the the doctor today and brought my jar of urine with me as I have to do every time apparently. Really fun. and gross. Everything went fine, really it did. Apparently my urine sample had high levels of Ketones. Kidneystones!?! What? Ha, yea thats what I thought she was referring to but that is not the case. See below as to what I found on the baby website:

Ketones
Ketones are produced when the body starts breaking down stored or ingested fat for energy. This can happen when you're not getting enough carbohydrates (your body's usual source of energy).

If you're suffering from severe nausea and vomiting or you've lost weight, your practitioner may check your urine for ketones. If your ketone reading is high and you can't keep any food or liquid down, you may need intravenous fluids and medication. If ketones are found in combination with sugar, it could be a sign of diabetes.

Ok Ok so its not that bad. It is either one of two things, I am not eating enough (which duh, could be as I have been puking my brains out) or two a sign on diabetes to come. Now I seriously doubt the latter but then again who knows, this baby is taking anything it wants and leaving me the crap. I have been feeling better so I thought things would be cake today, bah. I was also told there was bacteria present, again read what I found on baby site:

Blood cells or bacteria
Blood cells or nitrites (produced by certain bacteria) in your urine can signal a urinary tract infection. If the dipstick test shows that you have nitrites or enzymes that indicate bacteria or blood cells in the urine, a urine sample will be sent to the lab to see whether you have a UTI.

So hmm, who knows. The doc is going to see me next Thursday to check on it again. For now I am writing down what I have been eating so I can bring it with me to discuss. I have not had much of an appetite, maybe I should post my food on here so you all can be apart of it too. Sure, why the hell not.

Breakfast: Coffee Mug full of life cereal and milk (all the bowls are dirty as I have a wicked cereal habit and a shortage of bowls)

Normally there is a morning snack of fruit or whatnot but Dr kept me later than expected.

Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Salad with Ranch from Matthews. I swear they make the best salad, I have tried these all over. Its my crack. I also had two glasses of water with lemon while there.

Mid Afternoon Snack: Rest of my salad I did not eat, another glass of water.

Dinner: TBD

I am heading home soon and hope to go on a bike ride this evening with my love. I have to have at least three more glasses of water and I really want a glass of milk so I am sure that will be with dinner. I guess that may not have been enough calories in my day so far, bah. I just don't feel like eating. I eat when I am hungry. Who knows. For now I track and drink and wait for next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...