Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I am sure everyone loves a good three day weekend and ours was very enjoyable. as you would all like to know the first coat of the paint is on the stairs. I helped a little and as soon as the smell started to bug me I went and cleaned the bathtub. That I have to say is my least favorite chore to do. Hubs was great though, the did a lot of the work even though I am sure he did not want to at all.

Saturday was such a great day, we woke up late, got a bagel, I painted a little, we bought Dan a bike and went riding around the neighborhood, and topped it off with a BBQ. It was the most perfect day we have had in a while. I did not focus on the house or the cleaning or the bills. We just enjoyed each others company. It was really perfect.

So as I keep saying I have to start the weekly pictures, I keep telling the hubs and his response is always tell me when your ready and I will do it. So needless to say it is not done yet. While riding our bikes I noticed that my little bump is noticeable. Its a good thing I will be able to ride all summer with a growing belly, at some point I just won't have enough room for me and the belly on the bike. I definitely look pregnant. I was wearing a tank top while we were at the lake and I feel like even when I try to suck it in as far as possible its still there. It is the craziest thing. Its just a visual realization that there is a growing, moving baby in my belly.

I have been feeling better for the most part, Friday evening I laid on the couch most of the evening with a raging headache. We took the dog for a walk an hour later and I had eaten some food, spaghetti type with red sauce, only to get to the end of our street and feeling the need to run back to my house as quickly as possible. Needless to say it all came up, I left a surprise for Dan and Stella outside too. I must have taken pretty long, time kind of flies when your heads in a toilet, just as I was flushing for the hundredth time the bathroom window opens from the outside and Dan asks if I am OK. He also noticed my present.

Saturday and Sunday were pretty good, I ate a lot. So much so that I thought I was back to normal. HA. Kidding. This morning it was back to my normal routine. I am cranky and tired and my stomach hurts. I just had some soup on this 90 degree day. Ya know the usual.

I was however trying to figure out what our next few weekends will consist of, June seems to be a pretty slow month while July is crazy already. It seems like the summer goes so quickly, its insane.

I am thinking we will go camping one weekend, I like camping. Its inexpensive and we get to be technology free and enjoying the outdoors. Someplace not too far, with good trails and pet friendly. Maybe I will look those up tonight.

My other idea is to rent some kayaks and spend an afternoon on the water. There is this place I have passed a million times so I know where I want to go. Last summer when we went away for our one year anniversary it was heaven and we went out on the kayaks and had a blast so that is definitely on the summer to do list. I would love to own one, hint hint Santa!

I feel like the next 5 months are going to fly by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...