Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Registry... AHH.

So this past weekend I decided I needed to start the process. It is way more nerve wrecking than the bridal registry. Yes everything is so tiny and cute but what do I really need. Seriously which of the million different types of strollers are the best and which bedding set fits my interests.

We went to Buy Buy Baby and took the leap. I know the summer is going to fly by and I didn't want to get stuck later in the year without giving it some time. I signed some papers and away we went with the scan gun. Now like I have said in previous posts, we have a crib and a changing table, thanks Mom and Dad. So we are set with those two big things. I was glad they gave us a nice long obnoxious list of things that were "suggestions". But I didn't know where I was starting from so I was gracious about this 100+ item list. We started in the newborn section and picked a couple blankets and onesies. Not too bad. The next isle was the safety isle, ok well we have a few sets of stairs to think about and a roaring hot fireplace I would rather our child not touch. We looked at a few options to think about and moved on, still not too bad.

A few aisles later I just kept telling Hubs to mark whatever he wanted, I knew he wasn't going to be obnoxious about it. We studied the humidifiers as we have radiators and would need a good one for the baby. There were ones that looked like robots with crazy bells and whistles for a few hundo but we picked a modest under $100 one with a big reservoir. Perfect!

Then to bedding, we had already checked out the store so I knew what I liked and didn't. I did not like a lot of them. The dancing bears and butterflies just aren't my thing. We looked but did not pick anything.

Next to the bedding was the chair I really want. Its perfect.  It looks nice, will fit in the room perfect and does everything I want. Its pricey but its a really nice chair.

We left the strollers and car seats for a different day, its a big decision and there seriously are 100 to choose from. We picked a nice pack and play, that was a nice decision. Really it was 10 minutes we read two tags and picked one. We are pretty good at registries. Plus we have had our disagreements with our wedding one so we don't need to fight about the baby one. We found a play mat that Dan liked so we picked that one and some items for the beach.

The biggest items seemed to be last but out of the 20 highchairs we picked a nice one, not too crazy on casters like I wanted. That was an easy pick too. We got a bouncy chair and a seat for the table that he liked too. We even got a Bumbo. Haha.

So overall it wasn't bad. I didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. It went very well. We still have some major items to pick out i.e. ways to get around with child, car seat and stroller. But we did good. We weren't all out of our mind picking expensive stuff and we made good choices. I am just glad that we got started on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...