Friday, June 1, 2012

Big Weekend - Great Week

So the last week has been really packed. I feel like thats what happens every summer. It gets here, I am SO super excited we are go go go and then its fall. Anywho I am proud of myself for exercising - running, hiking, walking - every day since Saturday. I have just committed myself to get my pre-baby(s) body back. Its been a long time and I just want to feel good again. I bought some new clothes, which always seem to make you feel better and I didn't freak about the sizes I bought. C'mon lets be realistic I am no Heidi Klum, and I had an almost 10 pounder in my 5 foot 5 frame. I have to remember that some days because I want it instantly.

Last night I strapped the baby on my back and we completed the Corporate Challenge 5k. Yep you heard read that correctly. I walked a 5k with my baby strapped to me. It was no time to write home about but I was not doing it for the time, I know how fast I can run it by myself. But there was something about crossing that finish line with my baby that made me so proud. I started to tear up. I think it was just a culmination of everything and my joy was overflowing. I have always thought about waving to my baby on the side of the road as I prove to her how strong her mama is but having her with me was an even better feeling. It makes my baby belly and tiger stripes seem like no big deal. I am excited to show her one day the photo of her 5 months old crossing the finish line in my arms. Seems metaphoric in a way.



This weekend we are celebrating Ms Addisons Half Birthday! We are having the family over for a BBQ, nothing too fancy, just a way to look at the last 6 months and where we have come and send good wishes towards the future.

I will be posting pictures of the weekend for sure! Keep an eye out! (and look for super old posts I am finally going to finish i.e. Her Birthday! - Bad mama!)

For now I am going to get my work on so I don't have to this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...