Thursday, June 14, 2012

Georgia Aquarium

After the first half of the week when everyone was home and officially on vacation we purchased City Pass. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is planning a vacation to the cities that they offer them thru. It was a nice taste of the city and it was significantly cheaper than buying admission to each of them separately.

We started by visiting the Aquarium and truth be told I was SO SUPER EXCITED! I wasn't sure if Addison would like it or even really pay attention to the fish but I had heard a lot of great things about this place and was thrilled to be checking it out. 


First things first - I also absolutely adore when I find presents on my camera and here are two from my sister in law. Its Jakob and Addie lovin' on each other - my heart melts!


 Fish in the ceiling - COOL. 



 The otters were getting fed, they were stalking the door because they knew what was coming!


 Touching Sea Urchins - I passed on this one. 







 Star fish!


 Now this guy was totally creepy and while we stood there he moved from one side to the other, I can't say I have ever seen an octopus do more than either be stuck to a rock or on my plate.



 This is a dragon fish - how stinkin cool! 


 I went in the tunnel under than penguin exhibit with Kayla and we poked our heads up in the bubbles to be face to face with the little guys. Such a cool experience. Don't know that I would do it again, super hot and tons of little kids but at least I tried it once.


 These two were mates, the bands are put on them to show who goes with who. The best part they mate for life, just like me!


 We stood in front of the whales on the second floor and Addison had a birds eye view. SHE LOVED IT. She was kicking her feet so fast, its amazing how quickly her personality is emerging. 



 This is the start of the tunnel thru the large tank, really amazing to just be surrounded on all sides by fish of all kinds. There was a scuba diver in the tank and he was showing off a sharks tooth. 






 Can you see her reflection - serious cuteness! 









I thought the shadows of the children were so precious - so I sent two of ours down there.


 Kieffer and Kayla looking at the fishes. 






It was a very very cool day, the baby loved it and so did we. There was a dolphin show that the kids liked, a little on the corny side but hey for a 30 minute show it was still great. The whole time we walked around we just kept commenting on how amazing. This was so worth it! 




5 more albums to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...