Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Friends and Family and VACATION! Cell phone photo dump too.

 Over the past few weeks I have been working on my network of friends. For a while there - sometime between college and baby - there is a lull it seems like in the friends department. People are either single or with babies and being in the middle makes you feel slightly out of place. Granted I was/is/am very thankful and blessed and happy with my marriage, we just felt like we  had no friends. Our friends from college had moved away and although we are still SO very close we are miles apart. 

I have recently started gaining a nice little friends circle, I don't need many just a few gems. First off I have my absolute best-est Daniel O. We like to remind each other that we are best friends, its one part of our marriage that I really enjoy. He is my number one, my support and my biggest cheerleader. I may need to remind him every now and again but I am so thankful, blessed and excited to spend the rest of my life with him.

I have been meeting up with Marisa - my family photographer - the last few weeks, at least once, to work out and have our 'therapy' sessions as I love to call them. She is a breath of fresh air and just a really wonderful person with a heart of gold. I so very much enjoy getting to know her more and more each week. We met a few years back at the studio and we just had a connection. Awesomeness.

Then there is Andrea - its scary how similar of a person we are. We think the same exact way. She is a few years older than me and has three beautiful children. Its amazing to watch them grow and she is a kick ass mom. I look up to her and respect her opinions. I don't know that she knows how much she impacts my life - I think I have to tell her that. She is the person I go to when my heads a mess and she says just the right things to snap me out of it. The craziest part is I have worked with her for three years along with her brother and sister and hands down I would say I am part of their crazy family. Although time or space may separate all of us at some point, I still really love them.

There are some new friends coming into the picture, it is exciting to see how our life is unfolding and who will be there and how they mold and grow with us. Yesterday was Ms Addisons first play date! It was adorable, us Mommys talked and the babies played. It was just a really nice time and Andrea - I must attract people with this name - is a really nice down to earth, smart mom.

Love is so wonderfully powerful. I enjoy being so in love and feeling so loved.

This weekend we are heading out to Atlanta for our vacation. Um Say What... Sunday yes. Um.  Er. Hm. I think I need to start to get ready for that. I feel like it snuck up on me. I remember writing on the calendar that we had three weeks until we leave and now its 3 days. Yikes. This will be the first time traveling with the little bug and I am hoping it all goes well. We are going to bring some toys and food and the flight is only 2 hours so I hope it goes quick.

I am REALLY excited to see my sister in law and her family. We don't get to spend as much time with them being they live in Atlanta but we have never been there and we haven't seen them since the holidays so it will be so great. We will be there for 10 days, Dan has to work the first few days and then we are going to some museums and fun things.

Posts will be light the next few weeks so to hold you over I am unloading my phone pics...

 Old Couches
 New couch
 Super happy bumbo baby
 St. Pattys Day Outfit - Her Cousin Peyton had the same outfit
 Home with Mommy Working Away
 Papa and Daddy working on his car
 The butterfly in our backyard that was hanging around the week before the baptism.
I think someone was saying hello.
 Our kitchen with half of the backsplash done.
This outfit is another hand me down from her mama. Love. 
My sleeping angel on mothers day. 
Who needs Mom anymore, I can sit up. 

Another hand me down from Mom. 
Loving jogging with mommy. 
New car mirror so I can stare at her while driving.
She loves when you open the window and her hair flies everywhere. 
 Another hand me down from me.
Our super beautiful rose bushes that have exploded this year. 
Yesterday with mommy, the dog is starting to come around to having a new addition in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...