Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Today we celebrated our little miracles half birthday! She will be 6 months old on the 8th and today we put together a family bbq to celebrate her. It was a Mad Hatters Tea Party theme and a very un-birthday it was.

We are so incredibly blessed to have such supportive families and to have our beautiful daughter. The last six months have flown by and I am so excited to see what the next six months and beyond have to hold. She is developing into such an amazing person and already my heart beams with pride. I love to cuddle her and we have a great routine going. She is a slobber monster but there aren't any teeth showing just yet. She sits like a champ and may fall after several minutes of unsupported sitting. The last week her voice has become louder and louder. It is one of the most wonderful sounds. Her smile melts mommy and daddys heart and literally lights up a room with her gums! I have come to learn that she gets VERY unhappy when the weather is warm. This old home has no air which really makes her mad. I don't mind though because she can stay in her diaper all day, I just get to nibble on delicious legs and chubby arms all day.

I think today was a complete success. I started working on some crafts last night and finished decorating this am before company. I made the teapots from scrapbook paper and hung some decorations from the chandeliers. We also decorated the house with red roses, ya know, 'painting the roses red'. We also had cards and the 'eat me' 'drink me' signs. This AM at the dollar store I also found an Alice in Wonderland coloring book!  Daniel bought a gas grill last night and we cooked at our house. Papa brought the ice cream cake and it was specially made just for her, half a cake for a half birthday. My smile grew when I opened the box. Overall it was amazing to celebrate her life so far, I am really thrilled that we had an un-birthday party for her. When will she ever be only a half a year old again!



* Hint if you want to see the collages bigger just click on them.

And now Mommy and Daddy are spending a quiet Sunday evening watching our little blessing on the baby monitor enjoying a glass of wine.

Addison Mary is 5 months and 3 weeks. She is the light of my life.

1 comment:

  1. what a cute idea, I love the pictures too! Great job mommy and daddy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...