Sunday, June 17, 2012

ZOO-Lanta Father's Day

The zoo is one thing that I have really come to love, I am not a super de-duper animal lover but there is just somthing about the animals I can't take home that is just so cool. The first stop was a few animals in one, zebras, giraffes and ostriches. I didn't realize how horse-like the zebras were. One was stomping and huffing a bunch. The giraffes were cute too, the dark was the male, the light were females and there were two babies. The Mr. Giraffe got a little excited and started leaking per se and all the kids were asking what was going on. We just kept saying it was peeing, but wow never saw a giraffe in heat. Interesting. 

We saw an adorable papa lion, I just wanted to cuddle with him! The lion at our zoo is still a baby so his mane looks nothing like this but it will someday!


Addie loved it, she was decked out in her animal print and was getting tons of attention, per usual!



GAH! These were my favorite! I could have watches the apes for hours! They were just so interesting, there was the big daddy one strutting his stuff and posing for everyone.



 And then there was the rest of the crew, the babies and the mamas. AWW SO STINKIN CUTE!



We also found some lost birdies - they were so cute we decided to take them home with us! 




 There was a whole building of reptiles, not really my cup of tea but Hubs loved it, these were his photo skills at work.


 I can't recall what this guys name was but it was a red panda I think, I wanted to smooch him.


 Ok ok, now being a mama bear myself I thought this was the sweetest thing. The mama panda was nursing her baby and he was all cuddled up in her. Aw Panda love. The other little baby was out and running around but I was just so in love with this moment I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Everything about this is perfect, and it was a reminder of how we are all animals taking care of our young.



This special day was also Daniel O's FIRST FATHERS DAY! He was so adorable in the days leading up to it, he would just ever so calmly mention that it was fathers day coming up and I knew he was beaming on the inside. He got into the zoo for free that day and as much as he loves animals this was a perfect trip for him. He took Addie into the petting zoo and let her rub the goats with her feet. Ha. Hilarious.




Happy First Fathers day to the best Daddy a girl could ask for. 



As his Fathers Day gift I gave him what he really wanted.... 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...